Happy Wednesday, Honeys!
Um, yeah, it’s been a minute. Excuses are so annoying so let’s just skip that part of this post! In my absence, I have been working a ton on behind-the-scenes Local Honey moves and even more on my personal health. My mental and physical health are my top priorities right now which brings you this post!
I would like to start off by sharing a few of the daily healthy habits that have started to become a staple part of my routine. These little regimens add up so much in making me feel good and strong all day long.
- A tiny 5-10 minute workout every morning. I wish I enjoyed working out more, but in all my attempts I just have never found joy and relief in exercise like I do in nutrition. In the last six months or so I have begun a habit of doing 15-25 pushups every morning, along with 2 minutes of planks dispersed, and some other simple ab/leg/or cardio exercise with about 20-30 reps. I know this is hardly even a warmup to many people- but this is the simplest, least time consuming, and cheapest way for me to do at least a bit of strengthening. The simplicity of it makes it hard to find an excuse not to do it and you’d be surprised the difference it has made in my body over time!
- Wake up earlier and leave yourself more time in the morning. This is beneficial to your life in so many ways. This tip allows me to do my little workout and it also forces me to have coffee/breakfast at home. That alone saves me SO MUCH money and so many calories!!! My Dunkin/Starbucks habits were completely out of hand and starting these better morning habits has made all the difference. Another surprising perk is that the extra time allows me to drink way more water. I’m so thirsty in the morning and when I’m rushing around I just don’t make drinking water a priority like I should.
Now onto my favorite part of this post- my favorite kale recipes as of recently!
Kale has so many benefits. A serving (2 1/2 cups!!) only contains 45 calories. A serving also contains so many benefits such as potassium, fiber, protein, iron and 260% of your daily Vitamin A, 170% Vitamin C, and 870% Vitamin K! That’s why they call it a superfood.
- Kale Energy Smoothie
- You need: 1 frozen banana, 1 cup frozen kale, 1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and 1 cup of cold brew coffee. 1/4 cup of nut/oat milk or protein powder are optional.
- Blend ingredients together.
- Kale & ‘Sausage’ Breakfast Scramble
- You need: 1 or 2 eggs depending on preference, 1/2 cup of kale, 1/2 cup of veggies of your choice (peppers/onions/corn/mushrooms), garlic, 2 baby potatoes, 1 sausage (mine are vegan apple sausage) link, and a handful of dairy free cheese
- Sautee veggies & garlic on a pan with chopped up sausage link, add egg(s) once veggies are halfway cooked through, add kale once the egg is halfway done & the veggies are almost fully cooked, once the kale has slightly wilted- top with cheese and some hot sauce and enjoy!
- Veggie Tacos
- You need: 1/2 bell pepper, 1/4 red onion, 1/2 cup of corn or black beans, tofu, taco seasoning, kale, avocado, salsa, cheese (dairy free for me).
- Sautee veggies while you bake the tofu at 425 for about 12 minutes. Season both with taco seasoning before you start cooking. Once tofu is baked, crumble it into tiny pieces so that it almost resembles a ground beef texture. Add tofu to the veggies and let it all simmer for 3-4 minutes. Either eat as a salad on a bed of kale and top with all the toppings of your choice or enjoy inside a warm tortilla with kale, avocado, cheese, and salsa!
I hope you enjoyed this health-focused post and that you’re all having a very healthy and happy 2019 so far! Expect a new fashion post verrrrry soon, honeys <3