Happy Monday, Honeys!
I’m bringing you this post as a LEGAL CONSUMER OF ALCOHOL because my 21st birthday was yesterday! Today I’d like to share with you some things I’ve learned, accomplished, and cherished by 21 as well as bring you along my birthday trip to Miami! I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better and if you like posts where I show you more of my life, please let me know!
I am going to begin by telling you 3 things I’ve learned, achieved, and cherished by now.
Things I’ve learned before 21:
- Stop making excuses. No matter what you want to do or what you failed to do, excuses are invalid. If you truly want something or need to accomplish something, nothing should stop you. Drop the bullshit and work harder, you WILL get anything you want.
- Tolerance is the key to maturity. This is something that has been hard for me to learn. I have always been very tolerant of differences among people, but I haven’t always been tolerant when it comes to the little things. If you continue to let that one annoying coworker bother you or you keep getting angry at your late friend for never being punctual, you are never going to be happy. You’re also wasting a lot of energy on being upset about things that hardly affect your own well being. Learn to accept people for who they are and treat them all with kindness anyways.
- Embrace the qualities that make you, you and use them to your advantage. Take time to really get to know yourself and create yourself so that you can live life with ease and truly maximize your potential.
Things I’ve achieved before 21:
- I moved 1700 miles away from my family just before my 18th birthday and never looked back. It was the greatest decision I’ve ever made and I can’t wait to see where the next few years take me.
- I GRADUATED FROM MF COLLEGE, IN 3 YEARS. My proudest achievement by far. Moving on.
- I started a business! Local Honey is still trying to find its roots but I believe in my brand so much and I truly cannot wait to see what the future has in store. (hehe, store ;))
Things I cherish most at 21 (My family and friends will always be #1, these are the less obvious):
- A good relationship with myself. At the end of the day, you’re the only person you’ve got. I’m happy to say that there’s no one else I’d rather be and I am very proud of the person I am.
- Good physical health. Being so young, I hadn’t really faced medical problems or thought about that stuff before. This past year, I had to deal with some issues that were affecting my physical health and it made me realize how grateful I am to be generally healthy. No matter how good life can be, it’s hard to enjoy anything at all when you don’t feel well.
- Sunlight. This sounds so simple and kind of cliche, but it blows my mind how much the sun can impact my mood. When the skies are blue and the sun is out, I feel so happy, empowered, and motivated. Mother nature really came through with Miss Sun!!!
NOW, THE STORY OF MY 21ST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Our beautiful Airbnb
Good food, drinks, and relaxation
Lot’s of fun with friends!
And of course, lot’s of shopping…
That’s a wrap, honey! Thank you so much top everyone who made my 21st birthday so special. There is so much to be grateful for. Until next week <3